Although the fellow pictured above is not me, judging from his activity it's a fairly safe bet he's a kindred spirit. This site presents a selection of my work that can be read online. I hope you enjoy it.
- Paris Review essays
- La Couture Comique (on Belle Époque artist Lucien Métivet)
- Les Combats Modernes (on Métivet's World War One cartoons)
- Moebius and the Key of Dreams (on French comics artist Jean "Moebius" Giraud)
- Max de Radiguès and the Difficult Age (on the contemporary Belgian graphic novelist)
- Visual Magicians in the Hills of Connecticut (on John Kane's photography of Pilobolus and Momix)
- Folio Club short stories
- String Quartet
- The Museum Café
- Préludes (in French)
- Essays on literature and the arts
- On Poetic Prose (from Yale Italian Poetry)
- On Nabokov's Definition of Art (from The Nabokovian)
- A Day in New York (on Andy Warhol)
- Virginia Woolf
- Mark Twain
- Elizabeth Bishop
- Scaling Mount Proust
Additional essays on writers and artists can be found in the archive of selected Folio Club blog posts via the navigation bar to the right.
- -----Image by Onsmith.