Although the fellow pictured above is not me, judging from his activity it's a fairly safe bet he's a kindred spirit. This site presents a selection of my work that can be read online. I hope you enjoy it.
- Paris Review essays
- La Couture Comique (on Belle Époque artist Lucien Métivet)
- Les Combats Modernes (on Métivet's World War One cartoons)
- Moebius and the Key of Dreams (on French comics artist Jean "Moebius" Giraud)
- Max de Radiguès and the Difficult Age (on the contemporary Belgian graphic novelist)
- Visual Magicians in the Hills of Connecticut (on John Kane's photography of Pilobolus and Momix)
- Folio Club short stories
- String Quartet
- The Museum Café
- Préludes (in French)
- Essays on Writers & Writing
- On Poetic Prose (from Yale Italian Poetry)
- On Nabokov's Definition of Art (from The Nabokovian)
Additional essays on writers and artists can be found in the archive of selected Folio Club blog posts via the navigation bar to the right.
- -----Image by Onsmith.